Saturday, November 14, 2015

Would I Pray For Paris?

A Prayer for Paris seems to be the catchphrase of the day. Over the course of the last 24 hrs I've seen an array of stunning photographs of landmarks lit with the colors of France's flag. I've read people's remarks both in heartfelt sympathy for a country they have a connection with and then some berating those posters for their ignorance regarding other terrorist attacks in other countries.
It seems to me that lately, people love to hate.
Is it fair that Beruit and Baghdad  have had less media coverage than Paris? Sure it is.
Is it a race issue? I don't think so.
I think unfortunately that Paris, The City of Love is just more of a household name.
Realistically, because of the social media outcry for Paris, the tragedies in these other countries are being brought to the forefront and more people are aware and acknowledging that there is a global issue regarding terrorism.
It shouldn't matter how it's brought to light, it should only matter how it's going to be addressed.
Terrorism is happening. And it's happening everywhere.
Am I going to Pray for Paris?
Heck yes I am- because Paris is the Poster child for what is a worldwide issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment