Saturday, March 25, 2017

Money Can't Buy Me Happiness....

I had the opportunity to travel to Victoria and Vancouver BC this past week.
It was a whirlwind of travel and fun and exhaustion all at the same time.

Many of you know that the reason behind my trip was for a few job interviews I had in Victoria.
Because of some minor delays and what not, I actually only made it to one interview.
This was THE Interview.
The one I wanted.
The job I wanted.
This was IT.

I went to said interview.
It was not as exactly as I had imagined it.
It was BETTER.
The Job was perfect for me.
The pay was great.
The setting Absolutely Beautiful.
The housing market quite the same as here.

The best part is!?! 
I got this dream job.

I had a lot of time to think on my way down.
A lot of time to think on my way back home.

I love British Columbia.
I will end up there soon.

I regretfully have denied this job.
The sole reason:
I made a deal with the current company I work for that if they had my back, I'd stay in return.

Believe you me, I came up with a lot of lists.
Pros and Cons.

I'm not saying I'll never make it there.
I'm not even doubting my abilities anymore.
I'm thinking, I need to honor my word.

My integrity is worth more than a paycheck.

After coming to that realization, 
It was easy for me to foresee a future in BC
I will be there.
I will come prepared.

I hope that one day, my kids read this and realize that integrity should always outweigh personal gain.
That through hard work, any goal can be accomplished.

I can't say for sure this job will be waiting for me in the next while.
I do know that there will be a job for me when the time is right.
When I have done all that I can to fulfill my primary commitment.
When it is time for me to move on without looking back.
That if it doesn't work out, I have somewhere to come back to.

Integrity is a big part of who I am. 
I am someone of my word.
No matter the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment