Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Just Journal

I sat with my doctor today.
He asked what I did with my days.
I was embarrassed to admit that I'm not doing anything at all.
Like, not a single thing.
I blinked back tears afraid he'd admonish me for I don't know what... being depressed and in a mental fog after fighting the demons in my head every day.
But he didn't.
He gently told me that it was okay.
It was okay to do nothing.
It was okay to feel not okay.
Instead he told me he was proud of how far I've come defeating those thoughts and challenges every day.
Then he challenged me.
If I can do anything at all-
Just journal.
One page a day.
I think I can do that.
So here's my first journal entry.
I'm learning that it's okay to be tired, it's okay to just breathe.
I can let go of the warrior pose and the Cheshire grin.
This isn't where it ends,
it's where I begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment