Friday, November 13, 2015

Starlight, Starbright, first star I see tonight...







When I was little I had a window seat in my bedroom. It probably wasn't a real window seat but I was 8 and could sit comfortably on it with my knees drawn up under my chin. 
Sometimes, I'd write messages to passersby letting them know just how much I loved Jon Bon Jovi. 
But mostly, I'd sit and stare at the stars. I loved how peaceful they made me feel. 
I would imagine that they were the souls of those who had passed on, watching over us as we slept. 
I mean, how great is that? 
Our own personal guardian angels.
As I grew up and let reality take over my life, I realized that this wasn't a real thing.
However, when I see pictures like this:
It reminds me of those precious childhood memories and I can't help but think, maybe it's true.
The realist in me tells me it's not, but my childhood self whispers "just maybe."
And whether it is or it isn't,  I like to think that two more stars are soon joining the sky to watch over, guide, and shine ever so bright.
After all, who wouldn't want to be a star?

No comments:

Post a Comment